April 28, 2024, 02:01:23 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: urine test was positive for 6-monoacetylmorphine  (Read 4616 times)

Offline marizola morant

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
urine test was positive for 6-monoacetylmorphine
« on: July 17, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »
I'm a 55 yr old female...I've had 2 hip surgery... I been on a lot of pain medicine for years...I take three different type of medicine...I had a urine test that came back positive for the drug 6-monacetylmorphine...I take morphine sulfate 100mg,oxcodone10 mg tramdol 50mg prn.. my urine came back positive herion...so I was dismiss from pain clinic...I never done any type of street drugs in my life...please help me find out if these drugs are in any of these medicine I take...I'm trying to clear my name...so I can fin another pain clinic...

Offline Archer

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-20
Re: urine test was positive for 6-monoacetylmorphine
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:04:01 AM »
Do you take any other kind of pain medication such as aspirin or acetaminophen (tylenol)?
“ I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. ”

Denis Leary.

Offline Archer

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-20
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »
6-Monoacetylmorphine (6-MAM) is a known metabolite of diacetyl morphine (Heroin). It is also an artefact of analysis of diacetyl morphine by cross reaction with other substances.

At the end of the day there is only one person who knows whether or not you have taken heroin and that's you. If 6-MAM is in your urine and you know you didn't put it there then there must be another explanation.

6-MAM may be present as a result of cross reaction between morphine and another substance in your urine. I have never seen this published but if you have been taking any over the counter medications then these may have cross reacted with the morphine in your urine, during analysis, to produce 6-MAM.

The first thing you need to do is to ask how the clinic analysed the urine. You could also ask to see the data and their quality control checks for the day.
“ I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. ”

Denis Leary.

Offline djvan

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:02:54 PM »
I agree with Archer - ask what test was performed.  Once you know, look the test up online - see if there are any published "false-positive" results.  If the test was administered by the clinic, perhaps request an equivalent test through your family doctor.  (Theoretically, you may still test positive, especially if it is a result of medications that you take daily).

Sponsored Links