March 28, 2024, 09:41:14 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Palps.Chemicalforums.com is Down  (Read 9579 times)

Offline rebem86

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Palps.Chemicalforums.com is Down
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:54 AM »
I just thought I would bring this to your attention as this subsite is not available. The palps site is a wealth of information and there are people who rely on it daily. Will this be up shortly? Thanks!

I have pasted the error below:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@palps.chemicalforums.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Palps.Chemicalforums.com is Down
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:05:17 PM »
Thanks for letting us know.  We're sorry, but all we can say is ... we're working on it.  We lost the other thread on this topic, but we'll leave this one up as a message to everyone.  We're simply ... working on it.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Tfandango

Palps domain question
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 12:28:06 PM »
Hi. I was making my way through the palps.chemicalforums domain. It was full of very useful information I cannot find anywhere else. I understand it seems to be off topic of the general purpose of this forum but it seems to have gone offline. The error us "cannot decode raw data". Is that just something which needs to be fixed or was this removed?  If the latter is that information available anywhere else or in some way downloadable so that someone else may revive that somewhere else?

Thank you!
T

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »
Tfandango:, I've merged your new post with this 2 year old thread on the subject.  I don't know if it was ever resolved back then, but we'll have to see what the ADMINS: can do this time.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Palps domain question
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 05:50:34 PM »
Hi. I was making my way through the palps.chemicalforums domain. It was full of very useful information I cannot find anywhere else. I understand it seems to be off topic of the general purpose of this forum but it seems to have gone offline. The error us "cannot decode raw data". Is that just something which needs to be fixed or was this removed?  If the latter is that information available anywhere else or in some way downloadable so that someone else may revive that somewhere else?

No idea what have happened. To be honest I have not checked palps in a looong time. Can you at least approximately tell when it stopped working?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Tfandango

Re: Palps domain question
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 12:15:19 AM »
No idea what have happened. To be honest I have not checked palps in a looong time. Can you at least approximately tell when it stopped working?

Thanks for merging the post. And thanks for unlocking the thread so I can respond. I know it was working a little over a month ago for sure. It was very useful to me.

Thanks for looking into it!

Offline Tfandango

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 08:18:11 PM »
Hi There.  I still cannot connect to this domain.  Can anyone else?  Any idea what might be wrong with palps.chemicalforums.com?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 02:50:22 AM »
Sorry, I tried but I was not able to revive it. It is still on my to do list, but as you may guess with a low priority.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Tfandango

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
No problem, I understand.  That seems a little out of place here.  Just checking in!

Sponsored Links