April 27, 2024, 04:57:46 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Inhibited Sulfamic Acid formula  (Read 5297 times)

Offline etoh1

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Inhibited Sulfamic Acid formula
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »
I need a formula for Inhibited sulfamic acid. I don't know what anti-corrosive to use or what percentage. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: Inhibited Sulfamic Acid formula
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 03:33:17 PM »
I'd not heard of "inhibited" sulfamic acid - seems it is just sulfamic acid.

Sounds like you need a material data safety sheet (MSDS) - you should be able to get an MSDS for the exact product you are referring to from the supplier.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline etoh1

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:38:15 PM »
Inhibited Sulfamic acid is a descaler that contains a corrosion inhibitor and a wetting agent. I am wanting to make a formula but I don't know what corrosion inhibitor(s) would work or be best and at what percentage. I have multiple SDS's (MSDS) but they don't list the corrosion inhibitor because it's considered an inert. Thank you 

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
Sorry, I misunderstood your question - I thought you meant chemical formula rather than mixture composition.

The exact compositions of these products are probably trade secrets (I could be wrong though).
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline etoh1

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:55:43 PM »
It was my mistake for not being more clear about my question. I think you are correct that they are a trade secret which is why I can't find a formula. I'm not trying to steal someone's formula to sell I'm actually comparing a descaler that my company has made against and inhibited sulfamic acid product but I can't get a sample of one nor can I make it without knowing a formula. I guess I'll just make some formulas of sulfamic acid with different corrosion inhibitors and see how they work. thank you.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »
It was my mistake for not being more clear about my question. I think you are correct that they are a trade secret which is why I can't find a formula. I'm not trying to steal someone's formula to sell I'm actually comparing a descaler that my company has made against and inhibited sulfamic acid product but I can't get a sample of one nor can I make it without knowing a formula. I guess I'll just make some formulas of sulfamic acid with different corrosion inhibitors and see how they work. thank you.

Try doing a patent search? I wager you'll get what you want.

Sponsored Links