March 28, 2024, 08:47:13 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: mass/mole/density problem  (Read 7687 times)

nismo

mass/mole/density problem
« on: July 03, 2004, 12:27:55 AM »
this is killing me. my teacher doesent actually teach us, he just gives us the problems and expects us to know how to do it or look it up in the book and try and figure it out. well i cant find this anywhere, and i stumbled upon this place so i figured id give it a shot.

large numbers are coeff. numbers in () are sub scripts.

1) when a mixture of silver metal and sulfur is heated, silver sulfide is formed:

16Ag + S(8) --> 8Ag(2)S

a) what mass of Ag(2)S is produced from a mixture of 2.0g of Ag and 2.0g of S(8)?
        b) what mass of which reactant is left unreacted??

and here is another if you care to take a look at it

2) gaseous argon has a density of 1.40 g/L at standard conditions. How many argon atoms are in 1.00 L of argon at standard conditions?

I also have a couple of more that i can post if you're bored and wanna put your brain to work, cause all it's doing is hurting mine  :(

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:mass/mole/density problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 02:20:52 PM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 04:06:07 AM by geodome »
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:mass/mole/density problem
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 04:12:58 AM »
1) Determine which substance (Ag or Sulphur) is in excess

2) Argon gas is monoatomic. Just convert 1.40g to number of moles.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links