April 23, 2024, 04:04:43 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: what happens when i get too many snacks taken away?  (Read 12646 times)

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: what happens when i get too many snacks taken away?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »
all i do is post questions, i rarely if ever post answers for other people, so maybe that's why i'm getting so many snacks taken away? i don't recall being rude or anything.. but what happens if i get too many of them taken away? do i lose the privilege of posting on chemforums?

See, some people would probably give you a -1 just for this post. All the other people on this thread seem to take the pain to use normal rules of punctuation and capitalization but you've posted in all lowercase. Why?

I think that in itself may be construed as mildly rude.

PS. None of us are grammar Nazis and once in a while someone may be in a hurry or typing from his cellphone and capitalization may be too much of a chore. Understandable. But I've reviewed your past posts just now and you seem to abhor Capitalization as a rule. Any reason?

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 12:10:28 PM »
I have to agree with this. If nothing else, if you take the time to present your questions or posts in a professional manner, you are more likely to be (a) understood and (b) taken seriously. I can tell you that if I see a question that lacks formatting or any attention to presentation, I'll likely just skip it rather than try to decipher it. Most of us are professionals. Time is valuable.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »
I have to agree with this. If nothing else, if you take the time to present your questions or posts in a professional manner, you are more likely to be (a) understood and (b) taken seriously. I can tell you that if I see a question that lacks formatting or any attention to presentation, I'll likely just skip it rather than try to decipher it. Most of us are professionals. Time is valuable.

In addition, I like to think that the poster has taken at least as much effort in posing the question and doing his background research than it will take me to answer the question.

Attention to formatting, in a way, provides this proof-of-work to me.

Sponsored Links