April 18, 2024, 09:43:07 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: 2 Canadian boys strangled by python  (Read 3190 times)

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
2 Canadian boys strangled by python
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:12:48 AM »
Rotten luck eh? What's the chance! You visit a friend. Neighbor owns exotic pets. Said exotic pets includes a python. Python is big and strong (100 lbs 14 feet). Python escapes cage. Python finds ventilation duct. Python slithers through a duct. All the places python could have plopped on he falls on these boys. Boys are asleep.

Sad. All the holes in the cheese do really line up sometimes. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/07/vigil-set-for-2-canada-boys-strangled-by-python-pet-shop-had-no-permit-for/

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: 2 Canadian boys strangled by python
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »
It's worth saying tuned to this story -- some of the facts don't add up.  Experts are slow to criticize the press for following the story, but they are expressing some doubts, and internet armchair behaviorists are casting doubt on this being typical rock python behavior.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline 408

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +103/-30
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »
Ah media.  Two kids get strangled and they focus on a bit of bureaucracy.  Not like a permit would have prevented this.

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »
latest news: "In all, 27 reptiles that were illegal to have in New Brunswick were removed from the building."

Six crocodiles, tortoises and a number of lizards were among the exotic animals seized, with most destined for zoos in New Brunswick or Ontario. 4 Alligators which couldn't be relocated were euthanized.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sponsored Links