April 20, 2024, 01:18:31 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Career question  (Read 2431 times)

Offline asd34

• Mole Snacks: +0/-3
Career question
« on: August 14, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »
  I am going to start Chemist MSc.  Before the major begins, I have to choose between analyst, synthetics, or chemist without any specification. I like both of them, but organic chemistry looks more interesting, btw its much harder. In the future I would like investigate something like:
drug effects
the stereochemical possibilities bonding of pharm molecules in vivo
drug interactions
maybe development in cosmetic industry
  Actually I'm not really sure where to go exactly.. Just need some advice, what is the main opportunities with my interests, and the advantages/disadvantages of the 2 specifications. For example: analysts complaining about their job is mostly monotonic..
Thank you

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Career question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
If you're going for an more advanced degree than a bachelors of science in chemistry, any specialization that interests you should translate into a better job.  So I wouldn't focus on that.  You particualr interests don't seem to exactly match analytics, and I really don't understand what's meant by synthetics -- unless you mean synthesis, as in, designing synthesis reactions, which would be a better concentration if you're interested in designing molecules for therapeutics.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links