Chemistry Forums for Students > High School Chemistry Forum

Making Predictions using Periodic Table on elements 116,118,119

(1/1)

jesse.counter:
For an assignment i am supposed to predict the density, boiling points and melting points of elements 116,118, and 119. I eneted data into excel and created graphs with a trend line, but i was wondering if anyone would be able to provide any estimations for me.

For example, the 119th element would be an alkali metal . The boiling point appears to decrease as the atomic number increases, but it is hard to estimate. Any help is appreciated

Newt:

--- Quote from: jesse.counter on February 21, 2006, 05:08:29 PM ---For an assignment i am supposed to predict the density, boiling points and melting points of elements 116,118, and 119. I eneted data into excel and created graphs with a trend line, but i was wondering if anyone would be able to provide any estimations for me.

For example, the 119th element would be an alkali metal . The boiling point appears to decrease as the atomic number increases, but it is hard to estimate. Any help is appreciated

--- End quote ---
Are you trying to determine the slope (m) of your line concerning boiling point or ?

for the equation y=mx+b

slope or m = y2 - y1
                         x2-x1

Newt

jesse.counter:
I was looking to get an approximation for each value of density, boiling point, and melting point for the elements 116,118 and 119. But i think im satisfied with what i have now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version