April 18, 2024, 02:34:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What Should I Know?  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Achrelos

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What Should I Know?
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »
Hello, I'm new here. Anyhow, I start my first day of college in like four days and I am sort of hyper ventilating because I am not sure how much I need to know entering my chemistry class. Is there any tips you could give me for preparing for my first day?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: What Should I Know?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »
Kinda a too open ended question to answer.  You should know what you do already know, unless your school system is totally inept, or you have a mind that is figuratively a sieve.  You could trouble yourself to browse the first chapter of your textbook, and see what's there.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Achrelos

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
Well I have already gone through the first chapter of the book. The reason im nervous is because the way that my highschool was I ended up taking chemistry 2 years ago instead of last year when I graduated. So anything I am remembering has at least a year gap in between. I am feeling more confident as I brush up but I wanted to pose the question anyway.

Offline trinitrotoluene

• Mole Snacks: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »
When I took gen chem, the only thing I remembered how to do is balance equations. Got through the class with no problem. Review a bit and do your best!

Enjoy!

Offline Achrelos

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
I remember a bit more than that, so I should be fine  ;D thank you! I an sure I will be on here more often with many questions as I go through class.

Sponsored Links