April 16, 2024, 01:34:19 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Graduate Chemical Engineering enquiry  (Read 2457 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline raza1991

  • Very New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Graduate Chemical Engineering enquiry
« on: September 08, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am currently enrolled in an MEng Chemical engineering at the university of Manchester but due to the bad job situation in the UK would it be better if i complete a masters from the US by graduating with a BEng. Also to take into account that i will be doing an MBA in the future and doing a dual degree would make better sense as i would be saving up on two years of graduate school fees if i graduate with a masters from the UK and get a job for 2 years and then do a dual masters from the US.

So my question is should i graduate with a BEng from the UK and then try to find a job here before going for the dual Masters in the US, considering i am an international student in the UK? or should i do a Masters in the UK followed by work here(if there are better prospects) and then go for my graduate school.


Offline curiouscat

  • Chemist
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3006
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: Graduate Chemical Engineering enquiry
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:08:02 AM »
If you want to go to grad school a previous masters degree adds very little value.

Sponsored Links