April 28, 2024, 09:18:32 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: DMPS purity testing  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Anteah

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
DMPS purity testing
« on: November 03, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
Hi, I am really hoping that you guys will have some suggestions for me. I am not a chemistry inclined, average person, a relative of a young adult with Asperger's syndrome, who has obtained some DMPS - Sodium 2,3-dimercapto-1-propanesulfonate (Unithiol) from questionable source in China and is taking it in order to remove heavy metals from his body. His mother and I repeatedly asked him not to as to we are not sure how clean the substance is, but he refuses. He is an adult and so we are unable to persuade him or control him. I pinched a small amount of his "stash" and saved it and am trying to find an affordable (average person's budget, no access to a lab) way to test it for impurities. I am just so very worried about the boy as he is a bright young man, but seems to be a bit reckless, yet I do understand his eagerness in the attempt to address whatever issues he feels he is having. Could anyone here suggest anything in terms of what I could do? Someone suggested LC-MS testing, but  do not know much about it neither I know how to go about doing it? If anyone here with a lab that could do it for me for an affordable price (I hope I am not violating a forum rules) I would be forever indebted. It is (obviously) not a controlled substance but a chelator, I am just worried that it is from China, and having read about their lack of chemical manufacturing process oversight, I am seriously concerned and just want to be sure that whatever he is taking is safe. Please help in you can!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: DMPS purity testing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
With a little Googling, you can find a laboratory that will test anything for whatever you want.  You'll have to shop around, to find a contract lab willing to do a one time test, from a customer who likely won't be coming with repeat business.  And I'd suspect the cost is very high, if the lab will do it at all.  Briefly however, on this board, we don't give help with self-medication.  For liability reasons.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links