April 28, 2024, 11:06:01 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Material that fits my needs  (Read 5511 times)

TheQuietWArlock

Material that fits my needs
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:24:48 PM »
Hullo,

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a material that was relativily inexpensive, possible to be bought by civilians. It would be able to withstand temperatures of about a firework/cracker/smoke grenade. Specifically one of these: http://www.evhill.com/products/White_Smoke.htm

But not o nly withstand the temperatures, but not be able to transfer it. The reason I need such a material, is that our wargames call for smoke alot of times, but we simply cannot provide it due to living in Texas, and have unusually dry land 99% of the time. If we could have a container for the smoke, and drill holes to let the smoke out, but keep the head in, and not burn our field, that would be great.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re:Material that fits my needs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 10:00:52 PM »
I would put a thick cement pot in a pail of moist sand and cover it with several layers of screen on the top. That would keep the temperature away from the surroundings and prevent sparks from popping out. Of course making smoke in the middle of a dry area will attract the authorities anyway. The above would be similar to what home based foundries do.

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re:Material that fits my needs
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 06:23:58 PM »
You may want to check out this thread:

http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=3158;start=msg14275#msg14275

It's a previous discussion on smoke bombs.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Sponsored Links