April 28, 2024, 05:00:24 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: brain generating electricity ?  (Read 5222 times)

svensl

brain generating electricity ?
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:38:27 AM »
Hello all,

I am interested in whether it is possible to generate electricity within the brain using two metal strips along with the electrolyte. Well, I am sure it is possible, but how much voltage would it produce? Does anyone have any ideas and can cite any reference that treats this topic.

Thanks,

Pelle

Re:brain generating electricity ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 02:22:15 PM »
 ;D LOL!

Sorry, but can you please expand on the question and write an outline of the experiment you had in mind?

:surprise:

svensl

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 02:05:40 AM »
It is not really an experiment. I just wanted to know whether it is possible for example to power sensors implanted in the brain by the brain itself. I am sure the brain is able to generate some voltage, but I have no idea as to what magnitude this might be. Thanks.

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 06:51:16 AM »
Sounds feasible!  I expect it would depend on which parts of the brain you insert the electrode into.  I wouldn't just go jabbing arround inside your head with a volt meter though!   :dribble:  He He.  Perhaps a brain surgeon or scientist could suggest the parts of the brain where this would work without messing up your thought patterns or giving yourself a labotamy.    :headbonk:  
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Offline HP

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +33/-5
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »
Its a very early experiment at the daybreak of the science physiology when some mad scientis has tried to touch galvanic electrodes to some stimulated spinal neurons (or single neurone?) of some dead or seemingly dead frog  ;D and oh' wonder:  the galvanic pointer moved! Well on theory some working brains can produce enough of electricity some lamp to  be lighted but at this day presents then there would have no need of  Edison kind persons be borned - thats little sad  may be :'(
xpp

mrl224

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »
Yes.  Thats what the brain does, generates electricity. So yes you could use electrodes to recieve electrical impulses from the brain.  There are many experiments that have been done by neuroscientists to use electrodes in brains to move objects on a computers screen!!

Sponsored Links