April 19, 2024, 06:33:20 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Ether and its effect  (Read 3082 times)

Offline redinnermind

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Ether and its effect
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:46:39 AM »
OK so their has been 2 drownings in my town thus far both people who have drowned are of Latino decent and both seem odd, for 1 I'm curious which type of ether is easier to get a hold of and most commonly used in making of meth or used by hillbillies for alcohol and the such and which( must be in same field as above) is completely soluble in water or would look like alcohol was drunk as I'm living in a part of america where murders like these are being ignored due to the fact it could have racist implications and "good and innocent" people would go to jail. by the way i know it seems far fetched but a few strong people who can catch you offguard may not leave any marks and is it easy to make it into a gas form "steam room" largess? Also which one would also act quicker? And would it show up in the system as alcohol if used in a liquid form to put them out?!

Offline Archer

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-20
Re: Ether and its effect
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:30:55 AM »
There are very few things which a toxicologist couldn't find and identify if they were looking, drugs, alcohol, solvents etc (there are some exceptions).

When someone is in water for a time after death their lungs expand and expel pretty much all of the water so water in lungs is not diagnostic of drowning.

If a person is alive when they went into the water blood continues to pump through their circulatory system and bacteria present in the water become distributed throughout the body and can be detected. If a person is dead before they are put in water then this does not happen because the heart is no longer beating.
“ I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. ”

Denis Leary.

Offline redinnermind

• Very New Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »
What iam getting at is id like to believe they were knocked out with a soluble ether then left in the water, both were known not to be swimmers but still sounds like they were practicing in the shallow end and some one else joined them and caught them off guard, i was taught by a few ex soliders that you can hold a person for a certain amount of time with out bruising occurring and keeping people off balance and unable to attack, just wondering if the ether can be soluble and able to knockout with in seconds!

Offline heineznx

• Very New Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »
Do you mean that you're wondering if it's possible that ether was mixed into the pool water and that that could have knocked them out? I think ether has to be in vapor form so it can be inhaled and enter the blood stream, I doubt it can be absorbed through skin given how volatile it is. And if we're talking about a pool, the sheer amount of ether that would be needed would indeed be impressive. As for holding people without bruising them, sure that's possible, especially if the person doing said holding is also holding an ether soaked handkerchief to the victim's face, they would be knocked out fast and not put up much of a fight.

Sponsored Links