April 25, 2024, 11:43:38 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: an economic way to alprazolam synthesis  (Read 8279 times)

Offline ABA2015

• Mole Snacks: +0/-2
an economic way to alprazolam synthesis
« on: January 03, 2014, 02:57:14 AM »
hi
I'm trying to find an economic way to synthesize alprazolam for my professor I have found two typical way for alprazolam synthesis first which is reported in wikipedia too, and starts with 2,6-dichloro-4-phenyl quinoline and the second is started from 4-chloro aniline and benzoyl chloride, which one is cheaper and do you have any suggestion to change some reagents with cheaper and more efficient ones?
thanks for your help

Offline ABA2015

• Mole Snacks: +0/-2
an economic way to alprazolam synthesis
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:16:12 AM »
the second route is presented here

Offline TheUnassuming

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +48/-1
Re: an economic way to alprazolam synthesis
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »
Discussing the synthesis of a controlled substance might not be kosher with the forum rules.

Since this is for your PI you should have access to scifinder or similar, which has a large number of references on the synthesis of benzodiazopines.
When in doubt, avoid the Stille coupling.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: an economic way to alprazolam synthesis
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »
I really have to openly ask why a professional needs to ask this question.  You have two complete synthesis pathways.  You could have gotten them from a journal article, if you have the sources, instead of a random blog.  But fine.  You need to know the costs?  So?  Look up the costs of each reagent and sum them.  Do you understand the chemistry at each step?  Have you learned topics such as this before?  Performed at least some of these reactions of other substrates?  What guidance does your professor offer?  What work of your own does the professor expect?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:38:12 AM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links