March 29, 2024, 03:10:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Another smoke grenade thread  (Read 4980 times)

Elanes

Another smoke grenade thread
« on: June 10, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »
Hi!
I want to make a smoke grenade, but want to make it out of what you can find in your home... I know there are other threads about making smoke grenades on this forum, but most of they mention a mixture of saltpeter and sugar. Sugar is something most people have in their homes, saltpeter is not... (at least we don't have anything... :P)
I just want to make some smoke grenades for fun, and thought maybe anyone one this forum had a simple recipe for a smoke grenade :)
I hope people can list the less risky, and simple ways of making smoke 8)
Thnx.

Offline xxMIKExx

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Another smoke grenade thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:49:02 PM »
Saltpeter a.k.a. potassium nitrate is also stump remover (for removing stumps,duh) go to walmart and get some spetricide brand stump remover it is 100% KNO3 (potassium nitrate) mix with sugar in a 60:40 (KNO3:sugar) and melt on LOW heat until sugar is caramelized (will look like peanut butter) and set out to harden but when it is still soft put a piece of fuse in it and there you go! also you can make a smoke bomb with chlorine but I'm not even going to go into that because it is toxic.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Another smoke grenade thread
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:32:04 AM »
melt on LOW heat

No need for that, especially if you use grinded sugar, just mix them. Heating the mixture is asking for troubles..
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links