April 25, 2024, 04:38:03 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Needing to formulate a balanced chemical equation using a given set of elements.  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Sankarhero6

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I am currently working on a school project that requires me to generate a chemical equation based on my school mascot the Phoenix. I would need to use the following elements P (Phosphorus) He (Helium) Ni (Nickel) Xe (Xenon) Is this even possible, I really know very little about chemistry. Please help.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
What do you mean by "equation"? You mean a reaction? You may be out of luck. Helium and Xenon are both noble gases and thus practically nonreactive.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Sankarhero6

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What do you mean by "equation"? You mean a reaction? You may be out of luck. Helium and Xenon are both noble gases and thus practically nonreactive.

What if Holmium replaces Helium, is there a possible reaction?

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
I think it's a bit wishful thinking to expect to pick four random elements in a particular order and hope they'll react just for your convenience.  Particularly since this isn't the age of alchemy. You can't react two elements and hope to get two others. 

What is the project you actually have to do. Describe it in some details and you might get some more productive (and scientifically accurate) ideas.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links