April 28, 2024, 06:58:36 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Diels-Alder Reaction  (Read 3016 times)

Offline gingi85

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Diels-Alder Reaction
« on: February 17, 2014, 12:31:22 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good review article (from a peer-review journal) on the Diels-Alder reactions. I need this for a seminar that I am doing towards my graduate degree.

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
Re: Diels-Alder Reaction
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:23:08 AM »
This might help. For more try "Strategic aplication of named reactions in organic synthesis" byl Czako and Curti. There are more than 50 articles about this reaction.

Offline spirochete

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +51/-9
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »
There are so many variations of the Diels Alder reaction now. It's one of the most commonly used and useful reactions in synthesis and it's been around for a long time. So I doubt you're going to find a good review article that covers recent uses of the Diels Alder reaction in general. Also as a grad student you really shouldn't be asking an internet forum for such basic research advice. Be more independent or ask your adviser for help. That's the point of advisers.

Offline PhDoc

• Mole Snacks: +22/-0
  • O-Chem Prof
    • PH.D. Organic Chemistry Tutor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:39:59 PM »
SciFinder, which should be available to you on any major university campus, is the best and most convenient tool accessible for graduate students. You can define exactly what you want to search, what year, what language, and even refine the results to review articles only.
O-Chem Prof

Offline gingi85

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Thank you! This is very helpful!

This might help. For more try "Strategic aplication of named reactions in organic synthesis" byl Czako and Curti. There are more than 50 articles about this reaction.

Offline gingi85

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 10:00:51 PM »
I wish my advisor was available. I'm sorry I burdened you with my basic question.

There are so many variations of the Diels Alder reaction now. It's one of the most commonly used and useful reactions in synthesis and it's been around for a long time. So I doubt you're going to find a good review article that covers recent uses of the Diels Alder reaction in general. Also as a grad student you really shouldn't be asking an internet forum for such basic research advice. Be more independent or ask your adviser for help. That's the point of advisers.

Offline zsinger

• Mole Snacks: +18/-60
  • Graduate Chemist
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 10:56:25 PM »
No burden chemistry friend…….we are here to help.  Ask away…..I tell all my students the following quote, which was the first quote I ever heard in an Orgo classroom: "The most superior way to learn organic chemistry is to talk about it with others."  Nobody know everything (Lennox is close).  I am a 2nd year PhD student, and I have much to learn.  These guys put me to shame usually.
          -Z
"The answer is of zero significance if one cannot distinctly arrive at said place with an explanation"

Sponsored Links