March 29, 2024, 05:25:27 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Unreviewed topics in organic chemistry  (Read 1477 times)

Offline OrganicC

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Unreviewed topics in organic chemistry
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »
Hello all,

for my MSc Chemistry, I have to write a short review on a topic that has been gaining attention over the past years.

However, one of the requirements is that this topic must not have been reviewed in the last 2 years.

Does anyone have any interesting topics for writing a short (+- 10 pages) review?

Offline TheUnassuming

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +48/-1
Re: Unreviewed topics in organic chemistry
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
It seems like an odd set of requirements.  It has to be interesting enough to be deemed "gaining attention" but not interesting enough for someone to have done a review of it in the last two years. 
I can think of a number of topics that probably haven't been reviewed in several years, but that is because they aren't all that interesting anymore (solved or irrelevant).  I can also think of a number of very interesting topics, but they have all been reviewed in the last few years because they are very interesting. 
I would go back three or four years in chem rev or a similar journal and start looking at topics, then seeing if they are still relevant and if so if someone has written a review about it since.  It will take some leg work but will also probably yield fruit the quickest. 
When in doubt, avoid the Stille coupling.

Sponsored Links