April 18, 2024, 09:52:35 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Get a better captcha thing  (Read 3780 times)

Offline krackers

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Get a better captcha thing
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:04:33 AM »
I tried to solve the captcha for over 30 minutes!! I am not kidding this is one of the most impossible captchas ever. Use ReCaptcha or something. And tell the user that the password needs to be > 8 digits and have a mix of numbers/letters/capitals before they spend 30 minutes trying to solve the captcha only to find that their password does not meet the requirements!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Get a better captcha thing
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »
It looks like the ADMINS: have updated the login process lately, because there is a warning for your password choice now.  The captcha seems pretty typical compared to others I've found on the NET.  Rarely, I've found RECAPCHA to be too difficult to understand from time to time, and sometimes I've found it trivially easy, and we don't want it to be too easy, to avoid spammers.  So we're all working to try to strike a good balance.  Although, lately other people have been having problems registering.  Its hard for us to know -- expect in your case -- does the poster really know how these sorts of things are supposed to work?  Do they know not to use their name as a password, how to use a captcha, that we do want a working email address to send a conformation message, etc.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links