April 26, 2024, 12:38:44 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Vibrational Modes for CO2...where am I going wrong?  (Read 19294 times)

Offline jensgt

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Vibrational Modes for CO2...where am I going wrong?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
Yes it was all very helpful...we have not done Raman but I saw that term so many times while searching online it's good to read about it again here...in case I need to learn it in the future.  I guess I lack some confidence and panic when I don't know something right away so it was really helpful to have someone guide me through...it was much easier to go through and figure things out if I knew someone would tell me...ok you are right, or you are wrong.  This is why I wish we had a supp. instruction for the course. 

Prof said he expected a lot of people t come to his office hours for this.  Now that I have gone through it step by step I understand it a lot better and it's certainly doable..hopefully doing it wrong about 20 times before getting it right will be good practice for the next test.  LOL

Thanks again so much. 

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 04:38:31 PM »
No problem, if you run into any other questions, feel free to ask.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline jensgt

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 06:21:28 PM »
Thanks! I have been so nervous about getting through this class.  I get a break after this.  Next year was supposed to be P-Chem....but having my baby in late June means I get a break.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
What class is it?

I hate to break it to you, but taking p-chem is a piece of cake compared to raising a newborn. Trust me, I've done both. :D
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline jensgt

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »
This is Inorganic Chem (Chem 401) at University of Maryland.  Good to know about PChem.  I need that kind of encouragement lol.  Hoping to have a second baby in about 2 years so I will need to bust my butt to finish my degree in the time frame I have before we move to a larger house which won't be as commuter friendly to the University.

Sponsored Links