March 29, 2024, 09:13:16 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: luminescence,phosphor,nanomaterial,borate  (Read 4202 times)

Offline richie

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
luminescence,phosphor,nanomaterial,borate
« on: March 23, 2014, 05:04:48 PM »
Why REBO3 is called as rare earth “orthoborate” and not as simply as rare earth “borate”? What is the reason behind this?

Offline richie

spectroscopy,luminescence,phosphor
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 05:05:58 PM »
How to find out what is the most appropriate wavelength to be used as the excitation wavelength for a nanophosphor? How to choose the excitation wavelength? Should I do the uv vis spectroscopy to find out the absorbance and then select the excitation wavelength based on the wavelength corresponding to the highest intensity peak on the absorbance vs wavelength graph?

Offline richie

chromaticity diagram,phosphor
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »

How can the chromaticity diagram be drawn for a nanophosphor? What is the software called? Can it be downloaded from any site?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: spectroscopy,luminescence,phosphor
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »
How to find out what is the most appropriate wavelength to be used as the excitation wavelength for a nanophosphor? How to choose the excitation wavelength? Should I do the uv vis spectroscopy to find out the absorbance and then select the excitation wavelength based on the wavelength corresponding to the highest intensity peak on the absorbance vs wavelength graph?

That's a perfectly good way to do it.  if you have a scanning fluorimeter, and a UV spec, you can start that way.  When determining the emission spectrum, be certain that you're not finding the Raleigh scattering, or the Raman scattering, or simply the fluorimeter's light scattering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raman_scattering#Raman_scattering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayleigh_scattering#From_molecules
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Enthalpy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +304/-59
Re: luminescence,phosphor,nanomaterial,borate
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »
Nanomaterials influence the wavelength of the emitted light, and if fine enough, of the absorbed light. So documenting the particle size is essential.

Sponsored Links