May 01, 2024, 01:06:53 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: technology to break clothing fabric bonds / ironing  (Read 2067 times)

Offline joeperry

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
technology to break clothing fabric bonds / ironing
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:49 PM »
Hello,
My name is Joe and I am a industrial design student currently working on my final year project in university. I am seeking some information regarding the project, which I hope someone on here may be able to help with.
My question is regarding clothing irons and how can wrinkles in clothes be removed without the use of heat. I am aware that currently the hydrogen / polymer bonds are disrupted by heat and pressure in conventional domestic irons and whilst they are broken the pressure of the iron re aligns them. As the temperature cools bonds are reformed in there un creased state. My apologies if this is incorrect as I have very little physics / chemical knowledge.

My intention is to remove creases from the fabric quickly but without the use of heat on the soleplate of the iron. Would technology such as ultrasonics or far infrared be able to disrupt the bonds in replace of heat? I am aware steam is able to do this but would be keen to hear anyones thoughts on how this could possibly be done or other technologies.

Thank you for taking time to read this. I look forward to your responses.

Joe

Offline student123

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: technology to break clothing fabric bonds / ironing
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:47:26 PM »
if i understood you well, you are asking about how to iron cloth without using a heat. without a heat you can remove wrinkles from cloth with pressuring with a flat smooth thing (like an iron on clothes) on cloth. and with cold water in washiing machine (without a heat) you can also (i think) remove wrinkles on cloth . of course you must then fold that cloth. i hope  you will find an answer.

Sponsored Links