March 28, 2024, 09:10:55 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I am neither majoring nor plan to major in chemistry...  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Freek314

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I am neither majoring nor plan to major in chemistry...
« on: April 07, 2014, 06:48:12 AM »
However, it is of vital importance to my major and I want to learn more about it here. I'm not familiar with any plan of study and have no idea where I might be able to post inquiries, although I do plan on figuring that out to the best of my abilities as time passes through both research on other sites and looking at the average knowledge level of posts in each forum.

I am graduating in May with an AA in Electrical/Instrumentation. While chemistry is vitally important to industrial processes, of which I hope to master all, my personal goal in life is to surround myself with as many automated processes and high-tech achievements as is possible. To that end, I'm asking that some guidance is given from the staff as to where I should start off. I have no intentions of belittling your profession. Chemistry is notoriously hard from what I've heard. I simply want to ask those in charge, before I start rattling off questions and hypotheticals to the ordinary poster, about where should I start and where I would best fit in.

I can follow chemical equations, and understand how to make simple things like lye on a chemical level (although I'm probably overestimating that ability due to my inexperience). I'm going to be watching various videos and reading various materials about chemistry, and I'm begging you to point me in the right direction.

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: I am neither majoring nor plan to major in chemistry...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:33:30 PM »
Post in whichever forum you think is appropriate. If the moderators feel it necessary to move the thread to a different forum they will do so.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Sponsored Links