April 29, 2024, 10:36:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The atomic structure  (Read 2421 times)

Offline hamdan744

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
The atomic structure
« on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:02 AM »
Hello my teachers
i want help me plz about this q

1) Discuss how are  elements, compounds, neutrons, protons, atomic number ,mass number and isotopes are related under structure and bonding
(Information should include the interrelationship between the structure and bonding in elements all in detail)

2) Consider the element selenium. Samples of natural selenium contain 6 stable isotopes. In terms of atomic structure; explain what theses isotopes have in common and how they differ from each other (Information should include all the details about the 6 isotopes)

3) Hydrogen peroxide has both a higher viscosity and a higher boiling temperature than water. Discuss some factors    about this behavior with the help of principles of atomic structure.
(Report should contain at least 5 reasons)

thank you all

{MOD Edit} remove unnecessary formatting.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:02:00 PM by Arkcon »

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: The atomic structure
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »
hamdan744:  I'd like to welcome you to the Chemical Forums.  But first, we'd all like you to read the Forum Rules{click}  We don't just give out answers here, we try to help you help yourself.  Much of what you're asking are simple definitions.  We can't "help" with that -- either you read it, or you don't, or we read it for you and tell you.  If you like, you can begin to answer at least a few of these questions, so we can see your thoughts, and offer you hints to improve your work.

And please don't alter the font size for no reason, that's just annoying.

Try to realize, question number one lists seven terms, under two criteria.  That is essentially 14 separate definitions to read about and write a long paragraph on.  That's asking too much of us.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline hamdan744

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
ok help me to answer how can i found the solution

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:39:59 AM »
Most likely you can find it in the textbook for the course (have it right?) Or google it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selenium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotope
hint for question 2. You should find the answers here

Sponsored Links