April 20, 2024, 08:21:43 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: STEM Majors-what classes should i stack together  (Read 2715 times)

Offline etizolam

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
STEM Majors-what classes should i stack together
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
id like to avoid being overwhelmed while taking 5 classes.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: STEM Majors-what classes should i stack together
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »
I don't think every school's program is identical.  So you will probably have to tell us something about your choices.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline orgo814

• Mole Snacks: +11/-6
Re: STEM Majors-what classes should i stack together
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:16:07 AM »
Well, what STEM major are you? Assuming you are in chemistry (given you are posting here) I can tell you the order I took my sciences... Assume they are two semester courses unless I say otherwise

Freshman: General Biology, General Chemistry, Calculus
Sophomore: Organic Chemistry, General Physics, Inorganic Chemistry (second semester)
Junior Year: Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry 3 (first semester), Instrumental Analysis (second semester)
Senior Year: Biochemistry and Advanced Analytical Chemistry (first semester)

This worked decently well for me. I would say the hardest year for ME was sophomore yr because organic, despite doing well in it, was a very time consuming course that left me with no time to really keep on top of my physics.

Junior year was very challenging because of the P-Chem series but I had my highest GPA that year so I think I just got used to it after sophomore year, since that is a major adjustment.

Hopefully this helps a little. Providing more information on what major you are (STEM is very broad) would get you more helpful advice.

Sponsored Links