March 28, 2024, 12:54:13 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What type of hydrogen reaction would be interesting, and still safe to perform  (Read 16605 times)

Offline ildiTHS

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Sorry, when you wrote 46 gm for some reason I saw milligram.

I do not know.. almost 2 liter 300 bar cylinder is equivalent with this amount...monthly, I would not call it tiny, in few months it is equivalant with a full cylinder, but you do not need to worry about any aspects of safety, pay for the paperwork, transportation, training (if you need to those who are allowed to operate a cylinder), storage, then getting a new one and starting from the beginning. Not mentioning that it is a continuous production of hydrogen, and the efficienty is much better...plus the safety aspects of not having to use a cylinder.

Personally I really do not like opening and closing any cylinders, even nitrogen.

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Sorry, when you wrote 46 gm for some reason I saw milligram.

I do not know.. almost 2 liter 300 bar cylinder is equivalent with this amount...monthly, I would not call it tiny, in few months it is equivalant with a full cylinder, but you do not need to worry about any aspects of safety, pay for the paperwork, transportation, training (if you need to those who are allowed to operate a cylinder), storage, then getting a new one and starting from the beginning. Not mentioning that it is a continuous production of hydrogen, and the efficienty is much better...plus the safety aspects of not having to use a cylinder.

Personally I really do not like opening and closing any cylinders, even nitrogen.

Maybe. For educational users perhaps, but industrially it seems a no go.

Sponsored Links