April 29, 2024, 10:01:19 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Multiple choice tests  (Read 4386 times)

Offline vanalm

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Multiple choice tests
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:14:18 PM »
My general chem teacher gave us multiple choice finals, and I always did horrible. Now my organic chem teacher is doing the same. He said it is to prepare us for mcat and pcat tests. My problem is, no matter how good I am doing in class, I can't seem to ever do good on multiple choice chemistry tests. We get a little over a minute per question, and I just can't think that fast. I had over 100% in my class... until just now, because I believe I just failed my final.

Aside from eliminating incorrect answers, is there a strategy that works? I feel that it is impossible to draw all the structures, consider reagents and conditions, and preform the reactions in under a minute per problem. Maybe I am just going about it the wrong way. Please offer any suggestions you may have.
Thanks.

Offline djay

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Re: Multiple choice tests
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »
do all your homeworks and do more than what the teacher is giving, AND TRY TO DO THE HARDEST ONES!!
this way you will find answers in a blink of an eye.

with practice comes knowledge

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
Re: Multiple choice tests
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:35:27 PM »
djay speaks the truth.  Especially when it comes to organic chemistry.  There is no way you can become better at solving organic chemistry problems besides doing problems and more problems.

Sponsored Links