April 19, 2024, 06:33:06 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: At last, Review literature syntheses for reproducibility!  (Read 2324 times)

davin

At last, Review literature syntheses for reproducibility!
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:18:32 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have spent the last few months putting together a website that allows users to review syntheses, whether from a paper, patent, or online. Additionally, a new, non-published synthesis can be published on the site and cited in one's CV, and this synthesis will remain open access, as the entire site is free to use.

With this, I hope to establish a community of synthetically-experienced people who enjoy calling out the literature for what works and what does not, with the end goal of being a scifinder-like resource that collects syntheses from all mediums, and allows quick searching for how to make something, with easy filtering by how well a procedure works as crowd sourced from the user base.

Of course, that is only the adding syntheses and reviews part of the site.  One can search for a chemical name, formula, or structure to find the best routes to a material (of course assuming it has been added to the site already, eg. search 1-amino-1,2,3-triazole).  One can also search by DOI or author to see how well rated syntheses in a given paper or by a certain author are.

The site is www.synvaluate.com, and I hope the organic chemists here can find some use of it.  The database is currently small as only I and a few others have contributed, but will become more interesting as others contribute more content. 

Davin

Sponsored Links