April 25, 2024, 06:29:08 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Organic chemists job market  (Read 3701 times)

Offline davidenarb

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Organic chemists job market
« on: July 16, 2014, 04:31:06 AM »
Hi all,

I am planing on becoming a lecturer in organic chemistry. Are teaching positions at university highly competitive (assuming that I have the required qualifications)?

Thank you

rius

Re: Organic chemists job market
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 05:21:44 AM »
yes, because there are lots of chemistry graduates and less job market for this. So the chance is very low...

Offline davidenarb

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 05:38:48 AM »
My professional interests are either teaching or research. I am about to start my undergraduate in chemistry. Is that a risky plan as the job market associated with my interests is competitive?

rius

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:44:50 AM »
My professional interests are either teaching or research. I am about to start my undergraduate in chemistry. Is that a risky plan as the job market associated with my interests is competitive?

I dont know where you live but you should consider to look job search sites around you. Also government job search and listings are helpful for you.
Chemistry is very though area to find a job in the market. But there are always opportunities to get job or become lecturer if you have very-high science skills and exam test scores...

Offline davidenarb

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 06:49:59 AM »
I dont know where you live but you should consider to look job search sites around you. Also government job search and listings are helpful for you.
Chemistry is very though area to find a job in the market. But there are always opportunities to get job or become lecturer if you have very-high science skills and exam test scores...

What are the alternative jobs for a chemist?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:01:06 AM by davidenarb »

rius

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 07:24:02 AM »

What are the alternative jobs for a chemist?

I was asking the same questions on this board before.So I dont know it truly. I want to get knowledge too by experienced users who holds chemistry degree and works for years...

Sponsored Links