March 28, 2024, 12:29:18 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Why was my topic closed? I'm ready to learn...  (Read 4788 times)

Offline nightguy

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Why was my topic closed? I'm ready to learn...
« on: August 02, 2014, 05:56:08 AM »
Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right section?

This is about my first topic "oxidation of acetone by hypochlorite". I only got two posts, one from mod and one from admin.

They said they won't help me synthesize chemicals, because I'm not professional chemist and chemistry is just my hobby, so they apparently don't think that I'm able to safely perform a chemical reaction. OK. They also said me to learn something about organic chemistry theory, not just to perform chemical reactions and yeah ofcourse I'm ready to learn! But I would learn more if my topic wouldn't be closed. I didn't expect straight up answers, I read rules of this forum, it would be just fine if someone would give me hint or some chemical formulas and explain a little bit about them, you can be sure I'm trying as hard as I can, since chemistry is not my profession, almost all I know about chemistry I learned on the internet. In forum rules it says right on the top, that you are willing to help even chemistry hobbyists, so I don't know what was wrong with my topic? By saying that you explain me more simplifyed, because I'm not chemist I didn't mean I don't know anything about chemistry, I was just affraid that you will give me complicated answers that I would not understand, but even if I wouldn't understand them, I would try as hard as I can to understand them and find more about them on the internet. And let me again tell you that I'm not just trying to make chemicals, I'm also wanting to learn about chemical reactions and all other theory, I'm ready to learn. It would be very appreciated I'f you would open my topic and give me some hints or tell me where I can learn about chemical reaction that I've asked about. And if you're worried, I'm not teenager, I'm 19 years old, so I'm completely aware of what I'm doing and even when I know (and even check on youtube, how certain reaction work), I will always spend a few more days to make sure what are all of the dangers that can happen, before I'm proceeding to perform the reactions. And I know that if anything happens to me, it's only myself that I can blame, not the users of this forum, who adviced me to do something. And I know that there are simply reactions that are too dangerous to do by me or with equipment I have, so I'm not performing reactions that I decide or I'm told by someone that they would be too dangerous to perform by me. I also always make sure that noone is being around when I'm performing dangerous reactions and I use all of the necessary protective equipment that is needed to safely perform certain chemical reaction. In my first topic there was also mentioned that this isn't a cookbok chemistry website... I totaly know what you meant by that, and again I'm not just someone totaly without knowledge, trying to make something that I'm not familiar with, by plans found on internet, that would blow blow my head off, if you know what I mean...

I hope that there is some way you can help me learn?

Thanks in advance and best regards, nightguy

And again, sorry for my english mistakes :)

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Why was my topic closed? I'm ready to learn...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 03:03:19 PM »
You posted your issue with our moderation of your post in the correct forum.
We are discussing it among the Mods.
Thank you for your participation in our forum and will get back to you.

Offline nightguy

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Why was my topic closed? I'm ready to learn...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »
You posted your issue with our moderation of your post in the correct forum.
We are discussing it among the Mods.
Thank you for your participation in our forum and will get back to you.

Thank you very much for your kindness!

Best regards, nightguy

Sponsored Links