September 21, 2023, 09:09:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hello, I'm new to the forum, and I have a question. I am not a chemist.  (Read 1584 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
I am working on a project, an invention if you will. My question is this. Is there a safe chemical procedure/substance that one could add to soft plastic or elastic (think rubber bands) that would have a chemical reaction when placed in water, that would cause the rubber bands/thin plastic strips to move/curl/twist? If there is, would the chemical reaction cause the plastic/rubber strip to disintegrate?
If this idea is feasible, I would be willing to talk about monetary compensation.

Thank you ,

Sponsored Links