April 24, 2024, 05:35:50 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Why I'm fired from a Pharmaceutical Company and what can I do...?  (Read 2249 times)

Offline pharmasjo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I was working on a pharmaceutical company as a quality control analyst. I have 4 year bachelor chemistry degree from a low reputed university in Turkey. They hired me with mentioned that 1 month trial period firstly.After that, they fired me almost 1 month time...

They've started teaching me some bulk density and sieve analysis in 3rd week. Because they told me first 1 and 2nd weeks are audit weeks which maintained by external inspection personnels. While, they are teaching me in 3rd week , they just showed me in 2 days for all of the analysis. So, they told me "you are not learning quickly. It takes much time to learn." They also said "you are not concentrated on this job and careless."
After that I've learned and memorized some of the analysis. Our lab. chief let me to stay alone in the lab at evening time and let me do all of the analysis just myself.
I did much more of analysis with some mesh's, bulk density, IR water and some weighings etc..
After that someone from a quality control lab. told me that you did something wrong when you stay alone in the lab. and lab. chief speaking about your mistakes ...
After that at the end of 4th week , human resources personnel told me you are fired. I am shocked. I couldnt believe it at that time. So I realized that they didnt want me in the lab.
Meanwhile I turned back to my hometown again. I dont believe that I find again like that pharma job again because of 1 month fired stain.

(I believe , I had some mistakes but I also believe that main guilty came from our lab. chief. Because they didn't teach me until 3rd week for most important analysis (dc and paracetamol) . I just did helping to raw material analysis analyst in 3 weeks. When much more of pharmaceutical production (paracetamol) comes out , they've started to teach me for it. I must be stay in the night shift analysis to maintain production and quality control department at the same time as alone. Two of them (analyst) of teaching personnel reported me as very bad to our lab. chief. After that the lab. chief let me to stay in evening shift to maintain some analysis. Some of the sieve mesh's are not found in our lab. So we look it with so close mesh's instead of what it should be. Ive done a mistake when looking one mesh , they said. They just showed me and wrote that analyse (fine powder dc) firstly on that time.)

Now Im doing porter (carrier) job in my friends glassware storage with very low wage and zero assurance.

-  My past jobs were"storage works in power plant building site, paid biology teaching, car park attendant, waiter, carpenter apprentice, furniture and glassware porter, tea seller, casier in ironmonger etc..-

Could you suggest me please, what can I do after all those things?
Which job would be suits me best?
I dont believe that gaining a master degree would be help me.
I dont like chemistry laboratory things.
I just like computer , internet and some mechanical things, also english language and some kind of philosophic science things...

So, what can I do?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:45:39 AM by pharmasjo »

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Why I'm fired from a Pharmaceutical Company and what can I do...?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 04:31:30 PM »
Its unfortunate that this has happened to you.  Like I told you in an earlier posting of yours, they did mean what they said, they are evaluating you, even as they hire you and train you.  This effort on their part doesn't cost HR any work at all, even more so, it give HR something to do: hiring you, processing complaints about you, then firing you.

The economy is pretty rough world-wide, more so in Turkey as I hear.  So they may have felt a month ago they could carry you through this initial rough patch, and train you up to the level they need, and then now realize that they can't.  This happens all the time, even with highly qualified people.  People have to mesh professionally in addition to doing a good job at work.

Its unfortunate that you only have a months experience, but I wouldn't rule out other laboratory positions.  When they ask you, "Only one month?" tell them as honestly and completely as possible, without insulting your former employer, what went wrong -- there wasn't time there for you to reach the technical level they needed, but you did learn some techniques and procedures.  The next company may look at it as at least you know something about lab work, and won't start from completely zero.

From your other experience, maybe you could get a position as a compounder.  Basically, it involves what you've been doing -- moving ingredients, in bulk, from one area to the other.  Also, that's combined with doing what you did in the lab:  taking care to follow procedures and documenting what you've done with a critical eye.  So you can tie all your experience together for your next position.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links