April 25, 2024, 04:41:06 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Role of the traces of gold in hair  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Hornlife98

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Role of the traces of gold in hair
« on: November 23, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »
In Chemistry I, my teacher has asked me to determine and discuss the role of traces of gold in human hair. The closest thing I have found to what he is asking for is here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6498011.

Can you help me?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Role of the traces of gold in hair
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »
Well, the very last sentence of that abstract sums this sort of question up nicely.  You can try to look up that reference, if you need more.  You can look up the topic:

It must be emphasized that gold, although classified as a non-essential element, behaves in the hair of infants just like the physiologically important essential trace elements zinc and copper.

To see if other research corroborates the statement.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Hornlife98

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:23:26 PM »
Ok...looks like if I determine the significance of the other elements mentioned, I can determine the importance of gold, correct?

Offline Hornlife98

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:19:05 PM »
Hello,
I have been looking all day for the significance of gold in human hair. I know it is present, and I know how much is present, but I want to know how and why gold is in hair.

Thanks!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question, anymore.

In Chemistry I, my teacher has asked me to determine and discuss the role of traces of gold in human hair.

And you found a reference, with something of a conclusion in its abstract.  Then you ask:

Ok...looks like if I determine the significance of the other elements mentioned, I can determine the importance of gold, correct?

I have been looking all day for the significance of gold in human hair. I know it is present, and I know how much is present, but I want to know how and why gold is in hair.

What do you mean, significance.  And why do you need this answer.  Your link says there isn't one, its just a coincidence.  So why do we have to find one for you?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links