April 28, 2024, 09:21:36 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Wanting to home-brew Ultrasonic cleaner  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Franknstein

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Wanting to home-brew Ultrasonic cleaner
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »
Hi All
My first post here. I am not very good at chemistry at all, however I am wanting to put together a batch of ultrasonic fuel injector cleaner as my source for the stuff I need is exhorbatently expensive. I have found a data sheet for the composition of the detergent/liquid from the supplier and wanted to see if I can make it for cheaper, since its 70% water.

I've got the water part and the ammonia part, as well as the isopropyl alcohol down, and am comfortable mixing these together at the stated ratios, however the other three components I am unsure as to what they really are - I mean, I've googled them all, and they come up as proteins or whatever, but I cant seem to source those components anywhere, and the information seems to mislead me - do these components perhaps exist within other substances which are easily obtainable so I can mix this stuff up? Are they even that necessary? Perhaps someone could explain what they are there for, or whether I could get away without using them or perhaps substituting for other stuff?

If I'm in the wrong category, please excuse me, I was unsure as to where to put this.

Many thanks

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: Wanting to home-brew Ultrasonic cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:44:30 AM »
Detergent / Surfactants?

Sponsored Links