April 27, 2024, 08:28:40 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How to make a simple herbal pill preperation?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline jebus197

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How to make a simple herbal pill preperation?
« on: December 16, 2014, 04:10:07 PM »
Hi OK I wish to reassure everyone that this is a completely innocuous question. I don't have the skills or experience to do anything in any way illegal anyway.

However my purpose is purely scientific, although possibly a little eccentric.

I wish to make a home made herbal pill preparation containing the following ingredients:

1: My 100% organic and completely natural secret herbal preparation in 75 mg quantities.
2: Dried Maize Starch Powder
3: Sodium Lauryl Sulphate
4: Lactose
5: Sodium saccharin
6: Anhydrous citric acid
7: Calcium carbonate
8: Povidone
9: Isopropyl alcohol
10: Lactose- starch basic granules.

This is a standard preparation for many medicines. Please bare in mind that the purpose of these additional ingredients is simply to act as a delivery agent for my herbal remedy. However there is a very particular reason why these ingredients need to be included, which it is better (and simpler) not to go into at this time.

My question therefore is what would be safe and reasonable quantities of these additional ingredients in mg, if possible? I am in effect attempting to recreate a formulation for which the manufacturer refuses to release details, although the formulation in of itself is not any kind of protected or trade secret. The patent rights and any other rights to this formulation have lapsed many years ago.

Also how exactly would one go about making small pills out of this preparation? Assume I know almost nothing and then you will have a good impression of what I know. This experiment and this preparation are wholly for personal consumption, however I am still anxious to do nothing stupid. I looked at pill presses on eBay and some of these cost several hundreds of dollars, which is well beyond my means.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: How to make a simple herbal pill preperation?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »
Briefly, we don't do this.  Its a liability issue for us to give you advice on how to prepare medications for your own or other's use.  I know you'd like to learn, but you'll have to keep your questions more general.  A specific listing of all possible ingredients is what completely ruins this posting.

*Topic Locked*
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links