April 26, 2024, 02:55:27 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: kinetics of competing reactions  (Read 10934 times)

Offline Plontaj

• Mole Snacks: +4/-1
Re: kinetics of competing reactions
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 03:35:45 AM »
If you plan on doing a lot of this, or more involved stuff I'd recommend Matlab / Octave over Polymath.

Polymath is great for teaching or quick calcs. but if you try to something very complex you'll hit its limitations.

100% right. I prefer Matlab or just MS Excel too. Eg. you cannot combinate Polymath with solver. Usually I use excel + VBA and it is enough for me at this time.

Having the ability to export the data-points of the curves to Excel would already be good, at least for layout purposes. Did you try exporting the datapoints to another spreadsheet program, or to Google Sheets for example? I'm thinking about buying the program and putting it on a windows machine we have here, but that one does not have Excel (yet, gonna ask the guy to install it though).

You can get three kinds of solution: report with initial and final values, table with all points and graph like those presented. The data from tables are easy to copy their everywhere you want.

EDIT:
I've put attachment below.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:25:45 AM by Plontaj »

Offline box

• Mole Snacks: +2/-1
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:17:38 AM »
Hey guys (I assume you are of the male species, if not, my sincerest apologies),

I want to thank you both for this very fine interaction. I just purchased my 4 month valid version of polymath, and am looking forward to play with it (which will start tomorrow). I might come back in this corner for some advice, but for the moment, I am very satisfied with your input!!

Cheers

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:33 AM »
Hey guys (I assume you are of the male species, if not, my sincerest apologies),

Glad to have helped! :) And yes, guy here.

Sponsored Links