April 18, 2024, 08:11:22 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: chemistry jobs--help  (Read 2641 times)

Offline louis

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
chemistry jobs--help
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:22:27 AM »
hi guys, my name is Louis and i'm from Colombia. I got my Bsc Chemistry in March last year. But as i don't have any work experience, companies here pay around 400 dollars a month for an unexperienced chemist. But it's really sad for me to work for such a bad salary. At the moment I'm teaching English in an institute because as you can read, my English is good. But this situation sometimes makes me feel frustrated. As an English teacher I earn 1,000 dollars a month which is acceptable to have a good life in Colombia.

Do you have any advice for me ?? i mean, should I work for a miserable salary just to get the experience?

I was also thinking of starting my own company but i would have to save money for that, and that would take at least 5 years.

please, help me guys!!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: chemistry jobs--help
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:27:10 PM »
It really is up to you.  There's nothing wrong with having a degree, and never using it -- this sort of thing happens all the time.  Saving your money teaching English and using it to pursue a dream job in your future is likewise good.  Although it would be better, if you want to open a chemical business, to have some industry experience.  In this economy, I wouldn't suggest you take a low-paying job.  You might want to see if anyplace needs shift work or weekend work, so you can gain some practical experience.  They will likely pay even less, however.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links