April 19, 2024, 10:24:24 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Where to buy chemistry lab equipment online (have searched for days)  (Read 5430 times)

Offline HtwoSO4

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi.
I hope I am posting this in the appropriate forum. If not, I'm sorry and I will delete the post, but I have searched the forum entirely (at least as far as my knowledge in searching reaches) for the best place for this.

I chose this forum (organic chemistry) as I'm mainly looking for chemistry related equipment to use in experiments (and some other funny stuff too!) related to organic chemistry.

My question is: can you please post a link to a online web store that is selling chemistry lab equipment and also ships worldwide.

Whether anyone will believe me or not, I have spent a lot of time online to find a online store of this kind (many hours in total over ~2 weeks) but I haven't been able to find one that ships to the land of ice and storms (Ice - land). I thought I had found the solution to all my earthly problems when I came across lennox.ie - but they don't seem to ship outside of Britain (according to their registry page).

Again, I'm sorry if I'm making someone's day worse by making them angry with a post in wrong forum or category - but I kindly ask anyone who can to please give me any hint possible. These products (labware) is can not be bought through any store in my stubborn & small country except if you have a large corporation (they have the 'commission' for selling almost every brand of equipment here) and then the price of a 1000 mL round bottom boiling flask is around 250$.

Thank you SO much in advance and I send you all my kindest regards,
H2SO4

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Some questions
Have you checked the USA hobby suppliers?
How advanced is your equipment needs?
Is cost important?

Just as an aside
I have found getting equipment is far easier than getting chemicals.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
I assume you have looked at our board
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?board=15.0
    Chemical Forums >
    General Forums >
    Free Chemistry Advertising, and other links offsite

I have not dealt with any of the Chinese suppliers on that board, but they imply international shipping.
Since I am in  USA - I can get equipment here.
Chemicals on the other hand take some work.

Offline Furanone

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +34/-2
  • Actually more a Food Chemist
"The true worth of an experimenter consists in pursuing not only what he seeks in his experiment, but also what he did not seek."

--Sir William Bragg (1862 - 1942)

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
@jjwinkle

As an individual (not as a member of an institution or business), have you purchased anything at either of the links you have posted.

Sponsored Links