April 25, 2024, 01:43:32 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: where to learn about hair care products  (Read 5252 times)

nat

where to learn about hair care products
« on: January 02, 2006, 04:44:55 AM »
hi everyone.

i want to learn more about the containments, mode of action and superstruction of hair care products in an analytical way.

can anyone tell me, where to find scientifical stuff about that? or whom to ask questions on that issue?

thanx a lot
nat

Offline Equi

• chef de cuisine
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-11
  • Und nach mir die Sintflut
    • miketionary
Re:where to learn about hair care products
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 05:47:55 PM »
Check out the loreal website and get in touch with them?
However, this stuff is probably confidential information and won't be passed on to every person.
I'm not suffering from a mental disease - I'm enjoying it.
miketionary

Offline Kenichi

• Mole Snacks: +6/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 12:01:16 PM »
that is always something I've wondered about.  I always thought the $1.50 bottle of shampoo worked just as well as the $10.  One of the chemistry essays in Radar, Hula Hoops, and Playful Pigs, by Dr. Joe Schwarcz is about hair care products and how they work.  The section on hair care products was really in depth, talking about the chemicals that actually accomplish the cleaning, and "rejuvenating."  He explains why the cheap shampoos will clean hair just as well as the expensive brands.  I've got the book loaned out to a friend right now, but when I get it back I will post some of the information.  But I recommend going and buying the book yourself, there are about 70 other interesting essays about chemistry's applications in everyday life.  Good stuff.
Honor is what you know of yourself. Reputation is what others think they know about you. Live by honor and let your reputation lie where it may. And outlive the bastards.

One day I will rule the world with my army of a mole of moles!

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:13:16 PM »
'Chemistry in the marketplace' by Ben Selinger is a very interesting pages and has 5 pages dedicated to the chemicals in shampoo and the types of hair and how the chemicals work. It is a very interesting book and I suggest you get it. ::Not here!!!~Mitch::
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:41:30 PM by Mitch »

Offline pantone159

• Mole Herder
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +54/-6
  • A mole of moles doesn't smell so nice...
    • Go Texas Soccer!!
Re: where to learn about hair care products
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »
I've heard that hair conditioner contains substances useful as phase transfer catalysts.
Does anybody know any specifics?

Sponsored Links