April 18, 2024, 09:13:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Compound Composition of TC-2153  (Read 17301 times)

Offline NLBS JOE

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Compound Composition of TC-2153
« on: January 12, 2015, 04:04:39 PM »
Greetings. I'm writing a report about some scamsters who've claimed to have found a "natural" alternative that "achieves TC-2153 by breaking up fruits, vegetables, oils, drinks and flower extracts."

TC-2153 is benzopentathiepin 8-(trifluoromethyl)-1,2,3,4,5-benzopenta​thiepin-6-aminehydrochloride

You can read more about it http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pbio.1001923?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+plosbiology%2FNewArticles+(PLOS+Biology+-+New+Articles)

I'd really appreciate if you could breakdown the following for me in laymens terms.

Trifluoromethyl
Amine HydroChloride
Benzyl Alcohol

Here is a image from the scamsters website on how they've broken drown TC-2153.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Compound Composition of TC-2153
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »
This is a common meme in the nutraceutical business.  Instead of consuming some drug or therapeutic chemical, people figure if they eat enough of the pre-cursors, they'll gain the benefits.  I don't believe there's any mechanism by which any animal can biosynthesize fluorinated compounds, only a few plants and microbes do that.  So biosynthesizing this particular molecule is dead in the water, no matter what group T for trifluoromethyl is.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:20:25 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline NLBS JOE

• Very New Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 05:55:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm aware that the concept is complete BS. I'm having trouble locking down a chemist for a quote on my report on why it's BS to help communicate to the laymen.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 07:39:02 PM »
A trifluoromethyl group is three fluorine atoms connected to a carbon atom, -CF3

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »
A trifluoromethyl group is three fluorine atoms connected to a carbon atom, -CF3.

Group T, in the context of the advertising blurb above, would be a group of possible food sources that would allow human biochemistry to transfer the trifluormethly group, bio-synthesizing this particular nootropic in situ.  I don't know what those foods could possible be, and I don't feel like paying the authors a fee just to find out, and have a laugh.  Unless someone here can take a guess ...?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:19:38 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:24:05 AM »
They don't even spell trifluoromethyl correctly, which does not exactly raise one's confidence.  I agree that this is complete codswallop and is almost certainly a scam of one sort or another.  Here are two links on the compound itself:  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140805150832.htm
http://www.kurzweilai.net/new-drug-reverses-effects-of-alzheimers-disease-in-mice
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:23:15 AM by Babcock_Hall »

Offline BioCop

• Very New Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 02:44:58 AM »
MEMORY HEALER is the eBook product name of this probable scam; I agree that only plants and possibly other sub-human life form may be able to bio-synthesize fluorinated compounds. This "miracle" compound was found by accident, read the PubMed abstracts on the subject. Let's hope it works on humans.

According to the author of MEMORY HEALER, The Group T suggested foods are as follows:
Pickles, Ketchup, Mustard, Jasmine, Marinades, Vinegar, Grapes, Apples, Blueberries, Cherries, Cranberries, Strawberries, Pineapple, Lemons, Oranges, Limes or lime, Persimmons, Apple Cider, Apple juice, Green Tea, Beer, Chocolate, Cocoa powder, Garbanzo Beans, Red beans, Black eyed-peas, Lentils, Barley, Sorghum, Squash, Rhubarb, Cinnamon, Thyme, Cloves, Vanilla, Artichokes, Lettuce, Tomatoes...to name most on the list.

So there you go.

Sponsored Links