April 28, 2024, 10:57:11 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need Help with M1V1=M2V2  (Read 2057 times)

Offline vagabondita

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Need Help with M1V1=M2V2
« on: July 11, 2015, 08:14:40 AM »
I am doing the homework for my Chem I class.  Can someone please help solve the following question in the attached screenshot picture that I took?  It's the question involving M1V1=M2V2.  Please explain step by step how you get the answer so that I can understand and learn.  Thank you so much!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Need Help with M1V1=M2V2
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »
I'd like to welcome you, vagabondita: to the Chemical Forums.  According to the Forum Rules{click}, we want to see your attempt, so please click on that link, read the contents, and comply with our rules, so we can help you.

You've been given a formula, can you copy it down, in our forum by posting, or maybe you want to scan a page you've written on?  What information do you know?  Can you enter those values into the formula?  What values are missing?  Does the formula answer those values for you, once you've done the math?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +322/-22
Re: Need Help with M1V1=M2V2
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »
@OP,

Students often misapply this formula unintentionally because they choose incorrect values for V1 or V2.  I sometimes find drawing a picture of what is physically happening to be helpful in avoiding that particular mistake.

Sponsored Links