April 29, 2024, 10:04:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemical formula  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Roel

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemical formula
« on: July 27, 2015, 05:22:42 AM »
Dear forum users,

This might be a simple chemistry question but it has been quite a while since I had chemistry in school.I would like to know the chemical formulation of a couple of products, in the manner of for example H20 or CO2... This because I need to have these products translated to a couple of European languages but I couldn't find the on the ECHA forums. I would like to know the formulation of the following products, if it is possible to :
Barium sulphonate, n-henyl-1-naphtylamine
N alkylated benzotriazole
dialkyl thiophosphate ester

I don't know if this was put in the right section or if this can be asked on this forum, but any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Roel

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Chemical formula
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:07 AM »
So, the short version of the question is:

Chemical formula of:

Barium sulphonate
n-henyl-1-naphtylamine
N alkylated benzotriazole
dialkyl thiophosphate ester

Let's try the first one:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Barium+sulphonate

Sorry to do that to you, but I really did want to drive home that you can shorten this list of your, or the next one, first on your own, and then ask us with what you're having problems with.  Some of this list may be misspelled, some are classes of compounds and not a single one with a single formula.  But we don't need a bigger list assigned to us.  Please read the Forum Rules{click}.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Roel

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
Ok so I did manage to get the first two, I thought they were one product togheter...

Is there a way to formulate the last 2?
A Thiophosphate is something in the sorts of H3PS4-xOx and dialkyl are 2:

How do I add these into one written formula? And the ester part doesn't add anything, as a Thiophosphate or Thiophosphate ester are the same thing?
So it is (CH3)2H3PS2O2?

I tried to google N-alkylated benzotriazole but is still unclear to me how that works.

Zo a benzotriazole is C6H5N3. And N-alkylated means an alkylation of N. So a transfer of N.
So it looks like:

Does this mean the formula is C6H4N4?

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »
N-alkylated triazole look like this

so its substitution of hydrogen present at one of the nitrogens for some alkyl chain that can be anything from methyl to whatever you want so the alkyl needs to be specified if you want to know the exact structure.

Sponsored Links