March 28, 2024, 12:22:34 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Moderator, please repost my second question!  (Read 5214 times)

Offline LAHs

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Moderator, please repost my second question!
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »
AKRON or current moderator.
My second post has been merged and hidden with my first post! If you want to merge my questions please make my second question visible - it is more interesting.

I do not mind you merging the two posts but let my second question show, not the simpler first one – I understand the answers to that one.
My comment does not “come out of nowhere”, the problem of T4 to T3 conversion is a chemical process which is organic in nature. The problem is not with the conversion itself, I understand that metabolism,  I have studied the literature, it is whether or not the source material (T4) can degenerate within the blood serum before it hits a peripheral organ – usually the liver where the conversion takes place.
Not wanting to put a fine point on this, the drug which is almost universally prescribed for the low thyroid hormone state  JUST DOES NOT WORK! Someone has to find out why, and fix the problem, or at least point out where the problem is occurring during the manufacture of this drug.
So please, let my second question show, maybe there is someone out there who has some ideas. My education is in physics and I had thyroid cancer,  it is very hard for me to hack through the chemical pathways, but I am trying. Perhaps there is an organic chemist out there with the same problem or an interest in the subject who could give me some pointers as to which processes I should examine to get me closer to a solution.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Moderator, please repost my second question!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:32:33 AM »
I can easily change the title of the merged post to be the one for the second posting.  We have however, a different problem.

I decided to merge the two postings because you very much rehashed the same points in both.  You've admitted that you've arrived with less knowledge, and with a bit of a chip on your shoulder:

My comment does not “come out of nowhere”, the problem of T4 to T3 conversion is a chemical process which is organic in nature. The problem is not with the conversion itself, I understand that metabolism,  I have studied the literature, it is whether or not the source material (T4) can degenerate within the blood serum before it hits a peripheral organ – usually the liver where the conversion takes place.
Not wanting to put a fine point on this, the drug which is almost universally prescribed for the low thyroid hormone state  JUST DOES NOT WORK! Someone has to find out why, and fix the problem, or at least point out where the problem is occurring during the manufacture of this drug.

We're not here to validate your fringe theories.  It is very common, when someone reposts a question, when they cross-post it across sub-forums, when they ask it again only slightly changed ... that they've arrived with a a pre-conceived notion.  I anticipated it, called it, addressed it and now you've admitted it as such.  This is poor netiquette -- and often the reason why an online forum devolves into petty feuds and cliques that don't allow free discussion.  I don't have all the answers, but I moderate this forum, which means I prevent bad netiquette from ruining it.  Everything taken under advisement from the ADMINS:, who are Mitch: and Borek:.

Meantime, you're simply going to have to dial back the attitude.  If I were to say "You sir, have to immediately get table-top cold fusion home powerplants online right now, or you sir, are no physicist" that would be improper for a number of reasons.  So I don't say things like that.  You have said much the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:01:49 AM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: Moderator, please repost my second question!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »
My second post has been merged and hidden with my first post! If you want to merge my questions please make my second question visible - it is more interesting.

It isn't hidden. Your second question is visible as reply #3.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline LAHs

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Moderator: Please change the title of my merged posts to be my second question.

Sponsored Links