April 28, 2024, 01:41:24 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hi guys! New member and first post! :)  (Read 2903 times)

korisnik2007a

Hi guys! New member and first post! :)
« on: September 07, 2015, 06:53:01 AM »
Well, I'm a second year Chemistry student from Serbia, going to start my third year in about three weeks.
I find Chemistry interesting yet some of the things we study are pretty outdated and boring, but I deal with it :).

Still not sure which branch I prefer, they all have their ups and downs :)

I don't usually use forums for my studies but I made a selfish exception here. Not even sure if this is the proper subforum, but I do hope so.

To be honest, the main reason I joined was because I found a site online to which I will point you in a moment.

It's a site where you can make your own t-shirt design and they print it and deliver it etc, and you get a part of the profits (in my case ~30% (I hope, and that's if I sell any) and the rest goes to them).

Intrigued by this and wanting to make something kinda science-y and hopefully funny and cute, I made a t-shirt design :D

https://represent.com/you-are-glowing-shirts

There ya go :)

I was going for a more "extravagant" heart, with more detail etc, but it seems that's really hard to do with just a computer mouse :) Still, I think the idea is at least kinda good :)

Edit : In my excitement I forgot to mention : those sticks are either a radioactive element (what I wanted it to be), though they kinda look like those sticks you break which then produce light for a while. Still nice i think :)

If I were to make any money from this I might consider buying that electronic drawing board? Because I like drawing and music, the arts so to speak :)

If nothing else I would like some constructive criticism and opinions, what I could improve on or something like that :)

Not to make it all about myself and my-probably-not-making-money shirts :P, a little something in chemistry that recently intrigued me :

I was prepping for an exam and I read that water at room temp has about 70% of it's molecules bound in a tetrahedral configuration via hydrogen bonds, and those bonds would frequently be broken and, well, in lack of a better word (my technical dictionary needs vast improvements) remade either with the same or with different molecules. And that reminded me of breathing, of life, and made me think about the theory that water has "memory" and is "alive".. Interesting, no? :)

Sponsored Links