March 29, 2024, 01:45:33 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Suggestion For reading  (Read 2808 times)

Offline AdiDex

• Mole Snacks: +16/-12
Suggestion For reading
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:15:52 AM »
My syllabus-:

Liquid state-:
Qualitative treatment of the structure of the liquid state; physical properties of
liquids; vapour pressure, surface tension and coefficient of viscosity, and their determination.
Effect of addition of various solutes on surface tension and viscosity. Explanation of cleansing
action of detergents. Temperature variation of viscosity of liquids and comparison with that of
gases.
Solid state-:
 Nature of the solid state, law of constancy of interfacial angles, law of rational
indices, Miller indices, elementary ideas of symmetry, symmetry elements and symmetry
operations, qualitative idea of point and space groups, seven crystal systems and fourteen
Bravais lattices; X-ray diffraction, Bragg’s law, a simple account of rotating crystal method and
powder pattern method. Analysis of powder diffraction patterns of NaCl, CsCl and KCl.

I don't like that book which is preferred by my teacher , it is very straight forward book.
None of the concept is explained . It is just a Fact Book written by one of the my University's teacher.
My Physical chemistry teacher is also like why do want to read in detail just learn it and prepare for your exam.
This is not my style for studying . I can't memorize directly without understanding .

Now i am reading University Chemistry , Bruce H. Mahan . I loved this book but it do not cover my all of the syllabus .
please help me and suggest me some other books which are quite famous so that i can find them on online or in my library .

Offline AdiDex

Re: Suggestion For reading
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:20:00 AM »
Actually i am not worried about my exams . I want to visualize and feel every concept .I want to know their applications .

Offline AdiDex

Re: Suggestion For reading
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 07:36:03 AM »
A book in which I can find ---> Miller indices, elementary ideas of symmetry, symmetry elements and symmetry
operations, qualitative idea of point and space groups, seven crystal systems and fourteen
Bravais lattices; X-ray diffraction, Bragg’s law, a simple account of rotating crystal method.
please help me.

Sponsored Links