April 20, 2024, 08:21:37 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Technical data sheets  (Read 1858 times)

EfeCem

Technical data sheets
« on: October 26, 2015, 04:53:18 AM »
I'm R&D Engineer in a coating company and one of my tasks is writing technical data sheets of products. I write the information in TDS Word Template but, while my manager is controlling them, he always change the format or sentences. After I completed datasheet of products, marketing department often demands re-control of data sheets. We have nearly 150 product and I write TDS in 3 languages. So it takes a lot of time. How do you generate your datasheets? Do you use any program?

EllonReem

Re: Technical data sheets
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 05:11:40 AM »
Technical sheets are generated in MS Word in my company. We use word template but I had problems in translation and format of datasheets. I saw an application in Twitter, but it is in BETA version now, if you want to try, you can search as TDSmaker, website - www .tdsmaker.com I didn't try yet, but I've only looked its website, it seems useful.

Offline Furanone

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +34/-2
  • Actually more a Food Chemist
Re: Technical data sheets
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
Our Technical Data Sheets are all in MS Word then converted to PDFs once finalized. Our streamlining trick is to use previous products' Technical Data Sheets that are most similar to the new product, since there is usually a lot of repetition and only fewer details need to be changed.
"The true worth of an experimenter consists in pursuing not only what he seeks in his experiment, but also what he did not seek."

--Sir William Bragg (1862 - 1942)

Sponsored Links