April 20, 2024, 07:09:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Poll

What should replace the gasoline engine?

Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engines
Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Other Fuel Cells
Electric Vehicles
The End Of Cars
Bikes

Topic: Replacing the Gasoline Engine  (Read 121877 times)

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re: Replacing the Gasoline Engine
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2006, 08:04:26 PM »
A Nissan Altima.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2006, 08:09:49 PM »
Young, inexperienced drivers suck!
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Offline mrdeadman

• Mole Snacks: +23/-39
  • I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2006, 09:07:42 PM »
A Nissan Altima.
ooooh, nice, those are really nice cars.
Young, inexperienced drivers suck!
not all of them, but a majority do suck. there are older drivers who are almost as bad though, with all their cell phones and the even older ones who can't see and have shot reflexes.
AP Chemistry Squad Member [001]

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »
im a fan of four cylinders. probably because i drive one :P but it does get 25 mpg even the way i drive, i have a very heavy foot. no, i don't slow down for turns.
this is on empty roads by the way, with no one around, so the only one i could hurt would be myself if something went bad.

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2006, 09:23:40 PM »
not all of them, but a majority do suck. there are older drivers who are almost as bad though, with all their cell phones and the even older ones who can't see and have shot reflexes.

Yes I agree there are bad drivers of all ages etc etc. I am of the opinion that there is never a justifiable time to do anything but drive on the road; no speeding, no racing, no burnouts etc etc

this is on empty roads by the way, with no one around, so the only one i could hurt would be myself if something went bad.

I understand your sentiment, however, don't forget that in a lot of countries even the people who only hurt themselves still impact on the rest of us. Think about insurance premiums, tax payer money which may pay for your hospitalisation, rehabilitation etc etc this money could be going to people who really need it and not to those who hurt themselves clowning around on the road.

Driving is not a right, it should be a privilige. :)

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2006, 09:58:24 PM »
i hate street racers with a passion. it is fun to go fast every once in a while though. i pay insurance, it's not like i will get free health care if i wreck. ;)

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006, 10:12:24 PM »
I once went 300km/hr in a 993 turbo porsche.

Here you will get treated in hospital regardless and someone will look after you (well that is the theory, not alsways for everyone though) and I am all for this, I don't mind paying for people who are hurt or unemployed.

Offline syko sykes

• Mole Snacks: +12/-10
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2006, 10:28:29 PM »
the mini nuclear reactor is clearly the best option. it gives off the most power, has the most potential, however, we only need a way to harness that much power, or convert it to a micro-scale. maybe a nuclear submarine type device only miniature.
having that much power would be amazing but i think the hardest part, even harder than harnessing that much energy, would be getting the public to approve of it. People already tend to be very dismissal when they here the word nuclear or, god forbid, nucular. Something tells me Americans aren't going to like the idea of driving on what they can only think of to be a mini A-bomb. Maybe if you came up with a tricky name and never let Bush talk about it, it could pass under the nation's radar.
AP Chemistry Squad Member [V]

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2006, 10:32:06 PM »
I once went 300km/hr in a 993 turbo porsche.

Here you will get treated in hospital regardless and someone will look after you (well that is the theory, not alsways for everyone though) and I am all for this, I don't mind paying for people who are hurt or unemployed.
what country are you in?

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2006, 10:33:31 PM »
having that much power would be amazing but i think the hardest part, even harder than harnessing that much energy, would be getting the public to approve of it. People already tend to be very dismissal when they here the word nuclear or, god forbid, nucular. Something tells me Americans aren't going to like the idea of driving on what they can only think of to be a mini A-bomb. Maybe if you came up with a tricky name and never let Bush talk about it, it could pass under the nation's radar.
nucular. hahahahaha.  :P the public doesn't know nuclear power is safer and more efficient and not harmful compared to coal or petrol.  :P

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2006, 10:37:11 PM »
Australia.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!

Oi!! Oi!! Oi!!

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2006, 10:48:04 PM »
Australia.
that explains why you're not an idiot like so many americans.  i new you weren't from america when i read your posts.  ;)

Offline Equi

• chef de cuisine
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-11
  • Und nach mir die Sintflut
    • miketionary
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2006, 10:59:43 AM »
I don't think you're making yourself friends with such statements, mrdeadman. Considering that this forum is run by a californian ... nice trip, see you next fall  ;D
I'm not suffering from a mental disease - I'm enjoying it.
miketionary

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re: Replacing the Gasoline Engine & Driving Cars
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »
Do we have any Germans here?

I want to drive on the autobahn (sorry if it's not spelt right) really badly. My cousin plays soccer in Germany. He says he loves the autobahn, and there are fewer bad drivers in Germany than in America.

P.S. I added something to the subject.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2006, 06:11:12 PM »
I don't think you're making yourself friends with such statements, mrdeadman. Considering that this forum is run by a californian ... nice trip, see you next fallĀ  ;D
eh, so it goes. there are always exceptions, i am american. :P

Sponsored Links