Chemistry Forums for Students > High School Chemistry Forum

Metals in Life

(1/1)

alittlehelphere:
I have to write an essay on the importance of metals in my life and use five examples. I was going to use my braces as one, since they are titanum (sp?) which is a type of metal, I was going to use the metal locks on the doors so you can keep your house safe. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Alberto_Kravina:
Think...there are thousands of examples.

--- Quote --- I have to write an essay on the importance of metals in my life and use five examples.
--- End quote ---
Do you have to list the uses in everyday live of five different metals or can you list the same metals in two examples?

Hints: Iron is practically EVERYWHERE, Zinc is a very common metal to avoid corrosion of steel surfaces. And what about the golden chain that you're wearing around your neck ;) ?

alittlehelphere:
Yeah we can use the same metals if they have different uses.

Thanks Albert.

Alberto_Kravina:
Well, then take a magnet and test all the stuff in your house that is made of iron (Nickel, Cobalt and Gadolinium are also attracted by magnets, but I don't think that you have items made of rare earth elements at home), I think that you'll find more than enough examples. :)

wereworm73:
From a Simpsons episode:  "Thank goodness I still live in a world of telephones, car batteries,
   handguns [*bang*!] and many things made of zinc."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version