April 18, 2024, 05:45:20 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: any good sites to review chemistry?  (Read 9477 times)

Offline buckminsterfullerene

• Mole Snacks: +8/-6
  • 3.14159265358 9793238462643 3832795028841 97169399
    • Myspace
any good sites to review chemistry?
« on: May 24, 2006, 02:08:38 PM »
hey.... i know this is probably pretty late to be doing such a thing especially when i have my AP chemistry final tomorrow.  but oh well... the book is very big and my notes are not fun to read, so i have been depending on other sites to help me review for other classes and it has worked amazingly well.. but for chemistry, the site that i found is not that great (www.sparknotes.com --> clicking on subject i think and then chemistry), i used to rely on video lectures from college and university chemistry classes for honors, but they are usually never as comprehensive or really boring.

being people that are really into chemistry, do any of you have any good sites that can help me review?  what would you suggest me to do in order to learn everything?  i mean i get the basic idea, i have paid attention in class and taken notes and i could probably pull off a C on the final but i need an A to boost my grade to the next higher letter grade for the year.

any ideas, sites, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
-daniel garcia
currently a student attending high school in South Florida, capital of all the hurricanes that come through the US, and the sunshine state.  My interests falls into electrochemistry going to renewable resources of energy, i like hydrogen fuel cells and solar energy

Offline syko sykes

• Mole Snacks: +12/-10
Re: any good sites to review chemistry?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »
try chembuddy.com
AP Chemistry Squad Member [V]

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 03:17:18 PM »
try chembuddy.com

Select lectures from the main menu.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 11:36:43 PM »
Have you visited the link section of the forums? There is a good collection of chemistry review websites.

My favourite is:
Pre-U Chemistry Course
A very good online guide from Oxford's Chem Dept. It's meant for Pre-U students, especially those with lots of funny questions to ask. A good revision guide too

"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links